Men's Health Event Details & Registration
On Saturday, September 24, 2016, MIU Men’s Health Foundation hosts the sixth annual Men’s Health Event at Ford Field from 9AM-3PM. This FREE event provides men a better understanding of how to stay healthy, free health screenings to assess their current health, and information about advances in healthcare.
The event also provides free flu shots, free haircuts, “Ask a Healthcare Expert” and “Ask a Pharmacist” booths, raffle prizes, health and sport displays, fitness activities, guest speakers and more! On-field activities include a self-paced 5K run/walk, kids fitness clinics led by Detroit Body Garage, yoga classes including kids and partner yoga led by Detroit Community Yoga, and a full body weight workout led by Jody Trierweiler, Health Fitness expert for Live in the D. There will be additional on-field activities from 10AM to 3PMincluding Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive, and the opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field with Former Lions Kicker, Eddie Murray!
- - Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA)*
- - Testosterone*
- - Glucose*
- - Cholesterol*
- - Uric Acid*
- - Magnesium*
- - Liver Function Test*
- - Vital Measurements
- - BMI Testing
- - Body Fat Percentage and Waist Measurement
- - Depression Screening
- - Vision Screening
- - Dental Screening and Oral Examinations (available until 2PM)
- - Hearing Screening (Limited Availability)
- - HIV Testing
- - Skin Cancer Screening
- - EKG Screening
*Non-fasting blood draw required
- - FREE Health screenings with a value of $1,800 available to men over the age of 18
- - Most in-depth blood panel screening available at a free health event, including PSA, testosterone, glucose, cholesterol, uric acid, -magnesium and a liver function test
- - Participants are not required to have health insurance to participate in the screenings
- - "Ask a Healthcare Expert" and "Ask a Pharmacist" areas available
- - Opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field with former Detroit Lions Kicker, Eddie Murray
- - On-field yoga classes led by Detroit Community Yoga
- - Live music by The Session Band
- - Men's health & sports displays
- - Food and beverages available for purchase
- - Additional on-field activities including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive
- - Bring your kids and spouses to this family friendly event!
Schedule of Events
9:00 AM - Event Begins Self-Paced 5K Run/Walk with Detroit Body Garage – Ford Field 50 yard line 10:00 AM -12:00 PM A Community Conversation on Prostate Cancer Education with Us TOO, featuring Dr. Jason Hafron to discuss Risk Factors, Diagnosis & Staging – Main Stage in Atrium 10:00 AM All Levels Yoga with Detroit Community Yoga 11:00 AM Kids Fitness Clinic with Detroit Body Garage 12:00 PM Body Weight Workout with Jody Trierweiler, Health Fitness expert for Live in the D 12:00 PM - 1:00PM - Halftime Show featuring; Discussion on Men’s Health and Mental Health - Main Stage in Atrium
Presentation by Dr. Mark Moyad “Fad Diet and Dietary Supplements from A-Z:
What Works and What is Worthless” – Main Stage in Atrium
Tigers Ticket Giveaway with Sports Trivia
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM A Community Conversation on Prostate Cancer Education with Us TOO, featuring Dr. Elisabeth Heath to discuss Treatment Options & Side Effects – Main Stage in Atrium 1:00 PM Kids Yoga led by Detroit Community Yoga – Ford Field 50 yard line 2:00 PM Partner Yoga led by Detroit Community Yoga – Ford Field 50 yard line 3:00 PM Event Ends
Ask a Healthcare Expert
Have a question you would like to ask a healthcare expert one-on-one? Visit one of the “Ask the Healthcare Expert” tables, located in the atrium, and get your questions answered! Healthcare experts will be available for questions all day long and have varying areas of expertise.
Ask a Pharmacist
Have questions about your prescription medication, over-the-counter medication or potential interactions? Visit one of the “Ask a Pharmacist” tables located in the atrium, and get your questions answered! Be sure to bring your medication or a list of medications.
Convenient parking available at Gate G - $4.00 per vehicle.
Closest Smart Bus Stop: 36th District Court, 421 Madison Avenue, Detroit, MI 482266
Gate G Parking Map (pdf)