Men's Health Event
On Saturday, September 24, 2016, MIU Men’s Health Foundation will be hosting the sixth annual Men’s Health Event at Ford Field in Detroit from 9AM - 3PM. This free event will provide men a better understanding of how to stay healthy, free health screenings to assess their current health, and information about advances in healthcare. With thousands of attendees and over 3,000 screenings performed last year, we hope to screen as many men as possibly at this year’s event!
The event also provides free flu shots, free haircuts, “Ask a Healthcare Expert” and “Ask a Pharmacists” booths, raffle prizes, health and sport displays, fitness activities, guest speakers and more! Attendees will have the chance to participate in an on-field yoga class led by Detroit Community Yoga. There will also be a full body workout class led by Detroit Tough on the field. Please wear comfortable workout clothing and gym shoes for both activities. There will be additional activities from 10AM to 3PM including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive. Plus, attendees will have the opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field!
Free Health Screenings
- Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Uric Acid
- Liver Function Test
- Vital Measurements
- BMI Testing
- Body Fat Percentage and Waist Measurement
- Depression Screening
- Vision Screening
- Dental Screening and Oral Examinations (available until 2PM)
- Hearing Screening (Limited Availability)
- HIV Testing
- Skin Cancer Screening
- EKG Screening
- FREE Health screenings with a value of $1,800 available to men over the age of 18
- Most in-depth blood panel screening available at a free health event, including PSA, testosterone, glucose, cholesterol, uric acid, -magnesium and a liver function test
- Participants are not required to have health insurance to participate in the screenings
- "Ask a Healthcare Expert" and "Ask a Pharmacists" areas available
- Opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field with former Detroit Lions Kicker, Eddie Murray
- On-field yoga classes led by Detroit Community Yoga
- Live music by The Session Band
- Men's health & sports displays
- Food and beverages available for purchase
- Additional on-field activities including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive
- Bring your kids and spouses to this family friendly event!
Schedule of Events
Schedule Coming Soon!
Ask the Healthcare Expert
Have a question you would like to ask a physician one-on-one? Visit one of the “Ask the Healthcare Expert” tables available all day long and get your question answered!
Convenient parking available at Gate G - $4.00 per vehicle.
Closest Smart Bus Stop: 36th District Court, 421 Madison Avenue, Detroit, MI 482266
Gate G Parking Map (pdf)