Welcome to the Men's Health Event
On Saturday, November 15, 2014, MIU Men’s Health Foundation will be hosting the fourth annual Men’s Health Event at Ford Field in Detroit from 9AM – 3PM. This free event will provide men a better understanding of how to stay healthy, free health screenings to assess their current health, and information about advances in healthcare. With over 5,600 attendees and over 1,000 completed screenings last year, we hope to screen approximately 2,000 men at this year’s event!
During the event, there will also be raffle prizes, an “Ask the Doctor” area, health and sport displays, guest speakers and more! Attendees will have the chance to participate in an on-field yoga class led by Pop-Up Yoga Detroit from 10AM-10:30AM, and 2PM-2:30PM. Please bring a yoga mat if you own one! There will also be a full body workout class led by Detroit Tough on the field from11AM-11:30AM and 1PM-1:30PM. Please wear comfortable workout clothing and gym shoes for both activities!
There will be additional activities from 10AM to 3PM including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive. Plus, attendees will have the opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field and receive a certificate signed by Former Detroit Lion Eddie Murray!
Free Health Screenings
- Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Vital Measurements
- BMI Testing
- Body Fat Percentage and Waist Measurement
- Depression Screening
- Vision Screening
- Dental Screening and Oral Examinations (available until 2PM)
- Hearing Screening (Limited Availability)
- HIV Testing
- Health Screenings available to men over the age of 18
- Participants are not required to have health insurance to participate in the screenings
- Opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field
- On-field yoga classes led by Pop-Up Yoga Detroit, and fitness classes led by Detroit Tough
- Live Music by The Session Band
- Men's Health & Sports Displays
- Food Available to Purchase
- Additional on-field activities including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive
- Former Detroit Lion Eddie Murray will be on field from 11AM-12PM
- Bring your kids and spouses to this family friendly event!
- Free haircuts will be available all day from Dorsey School of Beauty.
Ask the Doctor
Have a question you would like to ask a physician one-on-one? Visit one of the “Ask the Doctor” tables and get your question answered!
Ask the Doctor Schedule (pdf) (Coming Soon)
Convenient parking available at Gate G - $4.00 per vehicle.
Closest Smart Bus Stop: 36th District Court, 421 Madison Avenue, Detroit, MI 48226
Gate G Parking Map (pdf)
Event Brochure (pdf)
Fill out the brochure and send to MIU Men's Health Foundation:
20952 Twelve Mile, Suite 200
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081