Welcome to the Men's Health Event
On Saturday, October 3, 2015, MIU Men’s Health Foundation will be hosting the fifth annual Men’s Health Event at Ford Field in Detroit from 9AM – 3PM. This free event will provide men a better understanding of how to stay healthy, free health screenings to assess their current health, and information about advances in healthcare. With thousands of attendees and over 3,000 screenings performed last year, we hope to screen as many men as possibly at this year’s event!
During the event, there will also be raffle prizes, an “Ask the Doctor” area, health and sport displays, fitness activities, free haircuts, guest speakers and more! Attendees will have the chance to participate in an on-field yoga class led by Detroit Community Yoga. Please bring a yoga mat if you own one! There will also be a full body workout class led by Detroit Tough on the field. Please wear comfortable workout clothing and gym shoes for both activities!
There will be additional activities from 10AM to 3PM including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive. Plus, attendees will have the opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field!
Free Health Screenings
- Prostatic Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Vital Measurements
- BMI Testing
- Body Fat Percentage and Waist Measurement
- Depression Screening
- Vision Screening
- Dental Screening and Oral Examinations (available until 2PM)
- Hearing Screening (Limited Availability)
- HIV Testing
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Health Screenings available to men over the age of 18
- Participants are not required to have health insurance to participate in the screenings
- Opportunity to kick a field goal on Ford Field
- On-field yoga classes led by Detroit Community Yoga, and fitness classes led by Detroit Tough
- Live Music by The Session Band
- Men's Health & Sports Displays
- Food Available to Purchase
- Additional on-field activities including Quarterback Challenge, Pass & Kick and The Drive
- Bring your kids and spouses to this family friendly event!
- Free haircuts will be available all day from Dorsey School of Beauty.
Ask the Doctor
Have a question you would like to ask a physician one-on-one? Visit one of the “Ask the Healthcare Expert” tables available all day long and get your question answered!
Convenient parking available at Gate G - $4.00 per vehicle.
Closest Smart Bus Stop: 36th District Court, 421 Madison Avenue, Detroit, MI 482266
Gate G Parking Map (pdf)
Event Brochure (pdf)
20952 Twelve Mile, Suite 200
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081