MIU - Run For the Ribbon 5K Run/Walk
Thank you for attending the 8th Annual Run for the Ribbon Gala and 5K Run/Walk!
National Men's Health Week was celebrated across the country from June 13 - June 19, 2016 and MIU Men's Health Foundation had the opportunity celebrate again and again with a variety of events to prioritize men's health and help develop a cultural shift of men choosing to know about their health and fighting to protect it.
We kicked off the week in front of the Spirit of Detroit, who wore a Blue Monday Men's Health shirt all week, and were joined by Ken Griffey Sr. and the "Men Who Speak Up" campaign. We organized a bike ride hosted by Griffin Claw Brewery, had a "Night Under the Lights" on the rooftop of the Detroit Opera House for our annual gala, and celebrated Father's Day with our annual Run for the Ribbon 5K Run/Walk at the Detroit Zoo. It was a busy week jammed pack with events to raise awareness for prostate cancer and men's health. We couldn't have done it without your support. THANK YOU!!
Packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo and at the Wilson Cancer Resource Center from 11am-7pm on Thursday, June 16 and Friday, June 17. Registration is not available during packet pick-up.
Wilson Cancer Resource Center is located at 44344 Dequindre Rd., Sterling Heights, MI 48314, which is on the EAST side of Dequindre Rd. across the street from Troy Beaumont Hospital. Packet pick-up will be in the lobby of the North Entrance.
Race Day Information
- Start, finish and free parking located at the Detroit Zoo
- Free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race for all registered runners/ walkers
- Live entertainment, refreshments and face painting
- Registration available Race Day beginning at 6:30AM
- It is recommended to arrived no later than 7:15AM on Race Day
- Special appearance by the Detroit Lions' Mascot "Roary" from 8:30AM - 9:30AM
- Don't miss out on the photo booth!
- Warm-ups at 7:30AM led by Fitness Professional Jodi Trierweiler, Health Fitness expert for Live in the D and Jody's FitLife on Comcast
Only registered runners will be chip-timed. If you want to be timed, you must register as a runner. Participants who register as a walker will NOT be timed.
You can create your own team or join an existing team! Get more information!
Race Performance Shirts
Registered participants will receive an official race performance shirt.
In Celebration of Signs
Choose to participate at the event in celebration and honor of a loved one’s fight with prostate cancer! For a $5 donation, a sign with your loved one’s name will be placed along the running course! You can register for the sign during registration. All donations will be used to promote the awareness, education, treatment and research of prostate cancer and men’s health related issues. Sign deadline is Monday, June 13, 2016.
- All finishers will receive medals
- In celebration of Father's Day, the newest father will also receive an award!
- Team awards will be given to the team with the most members, the team that raises the most funds and the most creative team name.
- Special Awards will be presented to the overall top female and male finishers as well as the first place female and male finishers in each age group:
- 9 and under, 10-13,14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and older.
Running Gear Discount
After the event, bring your race bib to a Runnin' Gear Store for a 10% discount on one item. Expires June 30, 2016 | myrunningear.com
This event will occur regardless of the weather. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; rather, the entry fee will be used as a donation to MIU-Run for the Ribbon.