MIU - Run For the Ribbon 5K Run/Walk Race
Race Day Details
MIU Men’s Health Foundation warmly invites you to join us at our family friendly Run for the Ribbon 5k Run/Walk to raise the awareness of prostate cancer. Run for the Ribbon will be held at the Detroit Zoo on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 21, 2015 at 8:45AM. Race participants will enjoy a t-shirt, a dog tag medal, fun activities and free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race. We look forward to seeing you on race day!
Packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 7:15AM at the Detroit Zoo and at the following Michigan Institute of Urology Offices from 11am-7pm on Thursday, June 18 and Friday, June 19.
Registration is not available during packet pick-up.
Beaumont Medical Building
West Bloomfield 6900 Orchard Lake Road, Suite 101
West Bloomfield, MI 48322
Map, Directions, Contacts
Utica-Washington Center Professional Building
11051 Hall Road
Utica, MI 48317
Map, Directions, Contacts
Race Day Information:
- Start, finish and free parking located at the Detroit Zoo
- Free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race for all registered runners/ walkers
- Live entertainment, refreshments and face painting
- Registration available Race Day beginning at 7:15AM
- It is recommended to arrived no later than 8AM on Race Day
- Special appearance by the Detroit Lions' Mascot "Roary" from 9:15AM - 10:15AM.
- Don't miss out on the photo booth!
- Special appearances by local veterans, armed forces and color guard members!
- Bring a pair of gently worn shoes to donate!
Only registered runners will be chip-timed
You can create your own team or join an existing team! Get more information!
Registered participants will receive an official race T-shirt. Sizes may be limited for same day registrants.
In Celebration Of Signs:
Choose to participate at the event in celebration and honor of a loved one’s fight with prostate cancer! For a $5 donation, a sign with your loved one’s name will be placed along the running course! You can register for the sign during registration. All donations will be used to promote the awareness, education, treatment and research of prostate cancer and men’s health related issues. Sign deadline June 15, 2015.
- All finishers will receive medals
- In celebration of Father's Day, the newest father will also receive an award!
- Team awards will be given to the team with the most members, the team that raises the most funds and the most creative team name.
- Special Awards will be presented to the overall top female and male finishers as well as the first place female and male finishers in each age group:
- 9 and under, 10-13,14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and older.
Runnin' Gear Discount
After the event, bring your race bib to a Runnin' Gear Store for a 10% discount on one item. Expires June 30, 2015 | myrunningear.com
This event will occur regardless of the weather. We reserve the right to cancel in extreme circumstances. In that event, there will be no refunds; rather, the entry fee will be used as a donation to MIU-Run for the Ribbon.