May 19, 2017
May 20 - June 16, 2017
Race Day Registration
*13 years old and younger
**Kids 2 years old and younger are FREE!
Online registration is available until Saturday, June 16, and you can register in-person on race day Sunday, June 18, 2017 at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo. If you register online BEFORE Wednesday, June 14 at midnight, packet pick-up is available to get your bib and race shirt in advance. Packet pick-up is Thursday, June 15 and Friday June 16 from 11AM - 7PM. If you are unable to register online before Wednesday, June 14 at midnight, packet pick-up is available race day, Sunday, June 18 at the Detroit Zoo.
Register By Mail
Mail the completed registration form, signed waiver and payment to:
MIU-Run for the Ribbon
20952 East 12 Mile Road, Suite 200
St. Clair Shores, MI 4808
Fundraising AND TEAMS
Help to raise awareness for prostate cancer by creating a fundraising team! Groups of friends, coworkers, community and civic organizations, towns, and even whole schools have found that banding together is an effective way to increase the amount of money they can raise awareness of prostate cancer!
Register your team online and we will provide you with recruitment and fundraising resources.
- Free entry to the Detroit Zoo following the race for all registered runners/walkers
- Live entertainment, refreshments, face painting and a photo booth!
- Special appearance by the Detroit Lions' Mascot "Roary" from 8:30AM - 9:30AM.
- Only registered runners will be chip-timed. If you want to be timed, you must register as a runner. Participants who register as a walker will NOT be timed.
- All registered participants will receive an official race performance shirt.
- All finishers will receive a commemorative race medal.
- In celebration of Father's Day, the newest father will also receive an award!
- Team awards will be given to the team with the most members, the team that raises the most funds and the most creative team name.
- Special Awards will be presented to the overall top female and male finishers as well as the first place female and male finishers in each age group: 9 and under, 10-13,14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80 and older.
Race day details
- Registration available Race Day beginning at 6:30AM
- Free parking located at the Detroit Zoo
- We recommend to arrive no later than 7:15AM on race day
- Warm-ups at 7:30AM led by Fitness Professional Jodi Trierweiler, Health Fitness expert from Jody's FitLife on Comcas
Packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo and from 11am-7pm on Thursday, June 15 and Friday, June 16. Registration is NOT available during packet pick-up. Packet Pick-up location is TBD.
In celebration of Signs
Choose to participate at the event in celebration and honor of a loved one’s fight with prostate cancer! For a $5 donation, a sign with your loved one’s name will be placed along the running course! You can register for the sign during registration. All donations will be used to promote the awareness, education, treatment and research of prostate cancer and men’s health related issues. Sign deadline is Monday, June 12, 2016.