Run for the Ribbon
Celebrating 10 Years of Prostate Cancer Survivorship
Until May 18, 2018
May 19 - June 15, 2018
Race Day Registration
*13 years old and younger
**Kids 2 years old and younger are FREE!
Online registration is available until Friday, June 15. You can register in-person on race day Sunday, June 17, 2018 at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo.
Register By Mail
Mail the completed registration form, signed waiver and payment to:
MIU-Run for the Ribbon
20952 East 12 Mile Road, Suite 200
St. Clair Shores, MI 48081
Fundraising AND TEAMS
In honor of the 10th running of the Run for the Ribbon, we encourage you to ask 10 friends and family to donate $10 by setting up your own fundraising page! You can share your fundraising page on social media or email.
You can also help raise awareness for prostate cancer by creating a team! Groups of friends, co-workers, community and civic organizations, towns, and even whole schools have found that banding together is an effective way to increase the amount of money raised for prostate cancer!
Register your team online and we will provide you with recruitment and fundraising resources.
- Our race participants will participate in the fight against prostate cancer and receive a performance shirt, medal and free entry to The Detroit Zoo following the race - plus a birthday cupcake
- Choose from a 5K run/walk or a 1 mile walk inside of the Zoo to enjoy the sights and sounds of the animals
- Live entertainment by The Session Band, refreshments, face painting and a photo booth
- Special appearance by the Detroit Lions' Mascot "Roary" from 8:30AM - 9:30AM
- Only registered 5K runners will be chip-timed. If you want to be timed, you must register as a runner. Participants who register as a walker will NOT be timed
- In celebration of Father's Day, the newest father will also receive an award
- Team awards will be given to the team with the most members, the team that raises the most funds and the most creative team name
- Special Awards will be presented to the overall top female and male finishers as well as the first place female and male finishers in each age group: 9 and under, 10-13,14-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 and older
Race day details
- Free parking located at the Detroit Zoo
- We recommend arriving no later than 7:15AM on race day
6:30AM | Same day registration and packet pick-up
7AM | Live music, face painting, photo booth
7:30AM | Race warm-ups
8AM | 5K run/walk start
8:05AM | 1 mile zoo walk start
9:00AM | Award ceremony
10:30AM | Must enter the Zoo by 10:30AM or will be charged admission
Packet pick-up is available race day beginning at 6:30AM at the Detroit Zoo and from 11AM-7PM on Wednesday, June 13 and Thursday, June 14 at Wilson Cancer Resource Center, 44344 Dequindre Rd., Sterling Heights, MI 48314.
In celebration of Signs
Choose to participate at the event in celebration and honor of a loved one’s fight with prostate cancer! For a $10 donation benefiting The Blue Fund, a sign with your loved one’s name will be placed along the running course! You can register for the sign during registration. Sign deadline is Sunday, June 10, 2018.